Couple General and Technical Questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Couple General and Technical Questions

boost21
08-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Alright I plan on starting the overhaul on my turbo project in the next day or so. I finally got my oil lines that I have been waiting on and my wideband should be here early next week. With the install there obviously is a lot that is needed to be done. Heres some questions I have before I start the install/[arts I want to grab at the local parts store.

here it goes.....
I am running the trailblazer fuel injectors (28#) I'm assuming I should replace the injector O-Rings, Would I buy trailblazer ones Or grand am ones? Is it even necessary to change them> (rings)

Ive been hearing from some that you are supposed to use special oil with a turbo (or oil fed supercharger) due to the higher temp of the oil going through the blower. Right now I am using mobile 5000 5w-30 every 2500-3k miles. What do you guys suggest?

I am still not 100% sure what I am supposed to do with the pvc system. I was originally going to just put breathers on the front and rear valves but after inspecting the system there is more to it then that. Ive heard you can keep it and just add a secondary "check valve", but I am still not sure if that is the best route. I was also thinking as a temp thing taking the hard plastic hose that goes into the stock rubber intake and just putting a breather filter on it. Will that help any?

To relieve the pressure on the fuel real I can just use something like a screwdriver and a rag on the check valve right, or will there be a lot of fuel that will come out?

I'm sure Ill have a few other questions that I cant think of right now but when I do Ill be sure to ask. Thanks in advance.

boost21
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
anyone? lol