Help diagnose my problem (vid) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help diagnose my problem (vid)

boost21
08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
cars fixed, watch the funny rpm video if you want

Ok long story short I had to stop the install of the turbo and go back to stock. Things that were changed and switched back was the injectors and spark plugs, then other various parts were removed/reinstalled from the uim. I got her all back together last night and start her up to find out some crazy whistling noise coming from the top end and the rpms were bouncing. I finally trace it down to one of the mounts from the uim had cracked and was causing the whistle and vaccume leak. Luckaly I had another uim on my mock up motor so I swapped those. Now the whisteling is gone but the car will run good for about 30 secconds and then slowly start bounching the rpms. Im going to try to get a scanner tonight to see if I can trace it down but here is a vid of whats happening.
Things checked: spark plug wires, all vac hoses, gaskets, newer uim, and other basics.

Im thinking its either misfiring or leaking vac. No check engine lights present
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bE0577FjA

iceman
08-21-2008, 02:50 PM
i'd still go with vacuum leak. IAC? this is open loop or closed loop?

boost21
08-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Whats the iac? Do you mean iat? Also I am unsure on what you meen by open or closed loop, the pcm has not been touched at all.

lastryghts
08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
open loop/ closed loop refures to if the engine is at operating temp or not.
Is the MAF plugged in? Is the IAC (Idle Air Control) plugged in? it's on the throttle body

boost21
08-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Cars running fine, I think there must of been air in the fuel rails or something.