Help with my SC/T hood [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help with my SC/T hood

stewartfn18
08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
I wasnt sure where to put this thread so i posted it here. I have one more question about fixing this hood and then it will be done and ready for paint.I weas wondering if i should: A. take this piece(in the pic) out and do nothing with the hole, B. Tahe it out and fill it with fiberglass hair, or C. take it out and cover the hole with fiberglass matte. I would like to know what you guys think. Thanks.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/stewartfn18/sct%20hood/P1000435.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/stewartfn18/sct%20hood/P1000436.jpg

boost21
08-21-2008, 10:44 PM
can you take a pic furthur back to see where on the hood this is located?

stewartfn18
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
its on one of the two x's on the underside. from front to back it would be in the middle. if that helps.

CantBeatIt96
08-21-2008, 11:29 PM
you should make a form out of foam. i cant remeber what the name of the foam that you should use is, ill check tomarrow and then right it on here then, but after the form put the form in the hole after removing the other fiberglass thats all broke, then sand down the sides so that you can form it properly, then use fiberglass hair for the first layer, then put a second layer and 3rd layer, maybe, with the matting. and just let the foam stay in the hole that way its has a little strength to it. the use the hair to make it look right, then your done. atleast this is what i would do. i might be wrong but it happened to my cousin before too, and this is what we did to his FG hood. it was actually just like this, a hole on the cross brace under the hood, gay asss birds.( a bird hit his hood when he had it off for a few days, lol it was fockin funny as ****. lookin out his window and watch a bird run smack into the hood. lol) but anyways thats all we did and his hood still has it on there and there has been no problems since then. hope that helps