Jet PCM problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Jet PCM problem

LAXstar47
08-22-2008, 07:54 AM
I recently had a jet performance chip put on my 02 grand am. everything works fine except for when I put it into drive the transmission jerks really hard into gear. And also going from 1st to 2nd is a real harsh shift. Also my service engine soon light came on. has anyone else had this problem?

and is it possible to put your cars computer back to its stock settings until i have this looked at?

thanks for any help

DrFabulous
08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
I would remove that "chip" right away and tune your car the proper way, with a tuned PCM.

Nick-G
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Throw that crap out and get a tuned pcm from www.mpracing.org

AaronGTR
08-22-2008, 05:44 PM
The jet "chip" is a rip off! Our pcm's don't even use chips, they use flash memory and should be tuned with a proper tuner. Not with a piggyback module. The reason your SES light came on is because the pcm can see that something is messing with the signals from some sensors and they aren't reading what they should. Take that thing out. Hopefully you can send it back for a refund.

SPAZ
08-22-2008, 08:09 PM
That is what it is designed to do ( the hard shifts ). I used this years back and it did the same thing to my car. It should have an on off switch on it. I liked its performance for the price, because the didn't have a way to tune PCM's when it first came out. Know that flashed PCM's are out I would invest in a PCM.

LAXstar47
08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
is there a way to go back to my stock settings without getting a new tund pcm. cause i just got up to college the other day and dont think its the best time to be ordering new ****. I definately dont like how it feels though. thanks for the advice though, i'll look into one of the recommended pcms. You dont think there is anything to worry about with the SES light on though do you?

DrFabulous
08-23-2008, 08:06 PM
is there a way to go back to my stock settings without getting a new tund pcm. cause i just got up to college the other day and dont think its the best time to be ordering new ****. I definately dont like how it feels though. thanks for the advice though, i'll look into one of the recommended pcms. You dont think there is anything to worry about with the SES light on though do you?

Yes, why do you think the light is there?