headlight replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : headlight replacement

Unknownprotocal
08-23-2008, 09:14 PM
ok i know this is probably going to seem stupid... but how the heck do you replace the bulbs in an 2003? one of mine went out and i went to replace it but i am stumped.

DrFabulous
08-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Use the search!

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6680

Unknownprotocal
08-24-2008, 12:10 AM
i did use the search... unfortunately i searched for headlights. then replace headlights. then how to replace headlights. then remove headlights... I've honestly never heard them called lamps. but thank you very much anyway I needed the info.

Elderas
08-24-2008, 02:35 AM
I remeber the first time i tried to change a bulb i removed the entire bumper

then i felt like a retard when i found out about the 2 clips

Rich
08-24-2008, 04:16 AM
for years i heard about the infamous black clips not really knowing what was so tricky about them. then the first time i changed mine i broke both of them...

ryanbgb22
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Ha, i remember the first time I changed my bulbs I was so confused. Since then I've easially had the 3 different sets of headlights in and out of the car 50 times.

DrFabulous
08-24-2008, 04:05 PM
for years i heard about the infamous black clips not really knowing what was so tricky about them. then the first time i changed mine i broke both of them...

I'm driving around with one of those things not all the way down.... fock that thing I'm done messing with it

kipper1012
08-24-2008, 04:27 PM
I actually just broke the header panel trying to put my headlights back in after painting my car so now I am buying a new set of headlights that don't require any modifications I am through messing with these damn things. this is my third header panel because of aftermarket headlights . thanks for letting me vent LOL :postal:

Unknownprotocal
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
yah i finally found them... got the lights changed then one of the clips wouldnt go all the way back down... finally had to take a hammer to it... it went down, so odd though i know i had it in right, just took alot of force

Mike Jung
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
yah i finally found them... got the lights changed then one of the clips wouldnt go all the way back down... finally had to take a hammer to it... it went down, so odd though i know i had it in right, just took alot of force
Umm, you don't need a hammer to get the clip back down !

Just get the housing back into the right place (all 3 aimers); then you can press it down by hand.

gtdreams
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I had the same fockin problem once....they pulled right up!!Then refused to go back ;crapFinally i had a dealer fix the problem.Of course that is after paying for new clips,seems they broke somehow which was preventing them goin back down.I havent tried with my current GA,but i will...i hate the look of the stock bulbs.This time they should slide down normally,well i hope.I think my other GA had been tampered with cause they should have slid right back down :iconfused