lacking performance NEED HELP [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : lacking performance NEED HELP

grandgt
08-24-2008, 09:30 AM
alright so some time ago there was a pretty bad rain storm and my car stalled... the next day i got it started. Bought a new air filter, mine was completely wet

now ive been seeing my car doesnt have the balls like it used to. and when the car is in park ill rev my engine and the rpm will go to 3000rpm and back down to 0 then back up to 3000rpm while i have my foot on the gas peddle the whole time. car just feel like it weighs a ton and slow at moving

anyone know what might of mess'd up. Could it be a sensor of some sort or my MAF

just feels like its choking

AleroB888
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
alright so some time ago there was a pretty bad rain storm and my car stalled... the next day i got it started. Bought a new air filter, mine was completely wet

now ive been seeing my car doesnt have the balls like it used to. and when the car is in park ill rev my engine and the rpm will go to 3000rpm and back down to 0 then back up to 3000rpm while i have my foot on the gas peddle the whole time. car just feel like it weighs a ton and slow at moving

anyone know what might of mess'd up. Could it be a sensor of some sort or my MAF

just feels like its choking

Check the TP Sensor.... then the MAF.

grandgt
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
how can i check the sensor exaclty, or should i just replace it?

AleroB888
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
how can i check the sensor exaclty, or should i just replace it?

Look for corrosion at the connector socket / plug....

If you have a handheld scanner, see if the reading for % TPS matches the position of the gas pedal as you push the pedal down and release it.

It is possible for the PCM to revert to a failure mode if the TPS fails completely, wherein you could drive the car but have almost no acceleration.

I would replace it, and if it doesn't fix the problem, keep it as a spare or return it.