Need Help Diagnosing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Diagnosing

99Black GT
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
heres the problem when im at a light or giving it gas in a way of just pushing the pedal about half way down is cuts out a couple of times then its fine intill i hit the gas again. any suggestion i thought it might be a fuel filter or a fuel pump going out.

juanvan
08-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Spark plugs/Wires When there is a load on them they won't carry the right current for the spark.
Fuel filter if it was clogged but it would cut out at low idles

zukiracer19
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
when my maf got moisture/wet it started doing that, or dirty...

gectek
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Spark plugs/Wires When there is a load on them they won't carry the right current for the spark.
Fuel filter if it was clogged but it would cut out at low idles

wrong...the fuel filter, if clogged will cut out in the higher rpms, esp when you go to slam on the gas to make the car go...replace the fuel filter and proceed with any more diagnosis if problem persists

juanvan
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
he is not slamming it though..

I just changed the fuel filter in my 91 honda, it was the stock w/ 180K miles and the car would cut out at an idle randomly - never at wot or under normal city driving.

But I have had 5 different cars/trucks cut out at normal driving due to bad spark wires.

So my experience is if it shudders at a load, its most likely spark/ignition problems.

gectek
08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
well you dont have to slam the gas to get it to shudder from lack of fuel volume like that. i have seen it more times than i can count. If the fuel filter doesnt change it, THEN proceed to other areas, like spark...but if he has a prob with it like that, then it sounds like fuel filter to me...when you try to reach over 3k rpms or higher under load like trying to accelerate and it surges, i would look at fuel filter first...its the easiest also and the cheapest to start with

iceman
08-26-2008, 12:38 PM
mine did similar things w/ clogged injectors