Fog Lamp issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fog Lamp issues

Tank33
09-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok. YES, I did search, but I could not find anything pertaining to this exactly. I am 95% certain it probably is a relay, but I am just looking for some help.

Last night I changed my interior dome light, and when I was putting it back in, for a moment, I heard a CLICK noise, and then the new LED bulb became dimmer for about 5 seconds, and then, returned back to it's normal brightness, I thought nothing of it.

This morning I put in some new PIAA fog light bulbs, go to turn them on, nothing! I put in one bulb first, turned it on to see how they looked, nothing. Put in both, nothing.

So when I hit the switch inside the car, the LED light in the switch does not light up, and, the relay DOES NOT, click. I checked the fuse for the fogs, it is fine. My dash lights, DO work.

So I assuming this would be a relay then? Where is the fog light relay located?? Thanks.

UPDATE: ok, for the last 2 nights, when i come out of work and its dark outside and a bit cooler, my lights work! As soon as I try them next morning, they do not work, any ideas??

cardude007617
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
passenger side fuse box i believe

Tank33
09-06-2008, 12:41 AM
just wanted to bump this, hopefully someone can help me?

Fog lights work perfect at night, but in the daytime, they do not work at all.

cardude007617
09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
well ur fogs arent part of the DRLs.

and i believe they stopped putting footwell lights in after 2000... i have a friend with a 2000 and hes got em, and i have a GT as well and i dont have them. so basically search all you want, but you wont find em in our cars sadly. id love to have them though, it woudl be nice sometimes

PhantomLover007
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
The fogs won't run during the day if the DRL's are on. I thought the same thing, but if you switch to the side marker lights, they will come on.

Tank33
09-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I just found this out today, I feel pretty stupid that I did not figure this out before haha, been working to many long days.

Thanks for the input everyone, the new PIAA bulbs out perform the stockers considerably.

hass
09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Which PIAA bulbs did you end up getting?

Tank33
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
These

http://customgrandam.com/piaafog.htm

Only bad part is, they give off that nice pure white light, and my headlights are stock, giving off that kind of "yellow" glow, so my fogs actually look brighter then my headlights, but oh well, I use my fogs maybe twice a year anyhow.

PhantomLover007
09-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Ha! I was looking at changing my stock fogs today, but it seemed like NO ONE had any upgrades... ;crap