Car not starting(need help) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car not starting(need help)

jordGT
09-05-2008, 07:15 PM
My cars not starting, i tryed the passlock reset and still nothing. The motor rotates but doesnt turn over. I put gas into the throttel body today and it fired up no problem. That makes me think it has to do with the fuel system. I replaced the fuel filter and the old was pretty plugged but still nothing. Im woundering if maybe theres somthing in the line or possibly may be the fuel pump. The funny thing to is that there is like no pressure coming out of the bleed line for the fuel...??????

Please help!!!!

jordGT
09-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Someone has to maybe know what could be my problem! Anyone??????

rustyballs_69
09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Did you check all your fuses and relays for the fuel pump? I may just be your fuel pump took a ****.

jordGT
09-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Ya i tryed swaping them, i can hear the full pump kick on but it might be that, the fuel filter was reallly plugged i cuddnt even blow through it when i took it off

jordGT
09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
theres only one relay for the fuel pump correct?

rustyballs_69
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I beleave so, the one in the fuse block under the hood.

jordGT
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Ya ok ive tryed that, its weird, there seems to be fuel getting from the fuel pump to the motor tho cuz theres fuel comming out of the fuel pressure release. But not turing over! Ive read that it cud be the passlock fuel system shutoff but theres no security light flashing, and ive tryed to reset it like five times, put fuel in the throttle body and it fires no prob, so my guess that its has to do with somthing from the fuel pump to the motor, ive cleared the lines so its not plugged! Iunno man, my next step is to take it to the dealer and see what the comp says. Im woundering if that my fuel filter was so plugged that the fuel pump was working harder then normal and finally packed her in.

rustyballs_69
09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Its possible. The pump on these things are junk. I have been lucky enough not to have mine go out in the 7 years I have owned my car.

jordGT
09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, ya im kinda leaning to the fuel pump, because if the fuel pump cant delivery the right amount of fuel and pressure to the engine im assuming that it probably wouldnt fire? Can you pick up relays at any autoparts store, or just the dealer?

rustyballs_69
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
You can get them at any auto parts store. You can get a fuel pump form a auto parts store too. I dealership will probably charge around 500 for the fuel pump.

jordGT
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank for the help man. ill let u know if everything all works out