nascar coolant [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : nascar coolant

dmalle02
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
hi i am putting new coolant inmy engine and due to the fact that dex cool is known to eat gaskets i wanted to go with something else a buddy of mine recomended the nascar stuff. i was jsut wondering if anyone has tryed this and if it worked well or if anyonme had any other suggestions as far as what to use?

Mike Jung
09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
hi i am putting new coolant inmy engine and due to the fact that dex cool is known to eat gaskets i wanted to go with something else a buddy of mine recomended the nascar stuff. i was jsut wondering if anyone has tryed this and if it worked well or if anyonme had any other suggestions as far as what to use?
What is the Nascar type of coolant ?

Zerex G-05 (http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=10) a HOAT type coolant has shown to be a good long life engine coolant to others on BITOG for GM vehicles.

PS: Don't forget the water pump lube.

tenspeed
09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
If you believe that dex cool eats gaskets, you will be fine with NASCAR coolant.

dmalle02
09-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I know a guy who owns a shop that has replaced many gaskets due to the coolant. if i use the dex cool do i still need to add the water pump lube?

dmalle02
09-07-2008, 02:25 PM
is water pump lube needed with all kinds of coolant?