Traction control light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Traction control light

hotcarmaster12
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Soo Friday i got into a accident, well i dont know if you call it an accident if you dont hit anything.... anyways I was going around a curve and there was a accident with a grape truck earlier that morning so there was juice on the road.. my backend slid to the right and we(my sis was with me) spun two times before stoping in the middle of the road the opposite way we were going.. Now to the traction control question, as soon as my backend slid my light on the dash that says TRAC OFF came on, and after we stoped spining the car turned off, when i got the car started the light is still on, i have tried hitting the traction button on the dash but it doesnt do anything, it goes off for like a min and comes back on. So i dont know if i should take it in and have it looked at incase its screwed up or something, but i dont have the money to have anything fixed....
Sorry for the longg post l o l. What do you guys think i should do?

tenspeed
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
So i dont know if i should take it in and have it looked at in case its screwed up or something, but i dont have the money to have anything fixed....

If you can't afford to fix it, why pay to find out what is wrong? The traction control cuts power to the engine when a wheel spins. Your car will act just like all the other cars that have been made for the last hundred years without the aid of traction control.

Maybe you can find out more about the previous accident that left a load of Juicy Juice on the highway thus causing your accident in which you suffered damage to your vehicle as a result of their improper clean up of the accident scene....

hotcarmaster12
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
ok. well I didnt know If i needed it or not thats why i posted this...
My mom called the people but they said they didnt have time to go clean it up
She actully did the same thing that morning in her expedition, but she didnt spin she just slid

tenspeed
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
My mom called the people but they said they didnt have time to go clean it up
She actully did the same thing that morning in her expedition, but she didnt spin she just slid

File a accident report with the Police. Turn it into the truck's insurance company. They might pay to get your car fixed. You might get a rental until the car is returned to it's original condition.

hotcarmaster12
09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
there was like 5 cops there, and they covered the stuff with dirt after it happened. They said my car looked fine, i was to shooken up to think about telling them about the traction light,
But ill call them, thanks

AaronGTR
09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
If the trac off light is still coming on and off, then there is definitely something wrong and you need to get it checked out. If the car was in drive and trying to go forward while you were spinning and rolling backwards, it might have damaged something.

hotcarmaster12
09-07-2008, 10:19 PM
well as soon as i started spining the car shut off. and it took awhile to start once we stoped, it just wouldnt crank or anything, so i waited abit and it did