funny idle after highway [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : funny idle after highway

cardude007617
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
alright so 2 weeks ago i started my freshman year at college. anyways, i've been going home on the weekends to see my friends and my girl friend. from Green Bay wisconsin to milwaukee its all highway so im going in the mid 70s for about 120 miles, non stop. iv noticed that when i finally am home (i live less than a mile from the off ramp) when i put the car in park to turn it off, it idles very rough. like it'll dip to 500 rpm then up to like 800. it lopes like a car with a big cam. it idles fine normally and doesnt seem to do it in drive at a stop light or whatever. i never notice it doing this aside from when i stop after these long trips.

so im thinking its just the pcm being so used to going 75 then when i all of a sudden stop, it cant adjust or something.
any ideas? im not worried, i just wouldnt mind knowing what i can do to fix it cuz its not right...

hass
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
My car tends to idle quite a bit higher than normally after highway driving.
But it doesn't dip down like yours does.

cardude007617
09-08-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah mine like lopes kinda sorta. but it never dies. and it only does it after a long highway trip, never from just my around town trips.
my car has 100k on it, i suppose that is worth noting

Lab Rat
09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Paul, mine is also an annoyance. Mine does it on the highway or not. I have replaced the O2 sensor, no change. Next move is the TPS them a new IAC. I'm changing them since I did a TB swap and used the old sensers. I will update after the swap outs and please do the same if you get it figured out.

cardude007617
09-17-2008, 07:39 AM
so any new thoughts? its been about a week since i posted up on here last...