Windows Media Center keeps activating [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Center keeps activating

timberwoof
09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
After getting my new computer, I've really enjoyed it. Its pretty fast and I have no complaints but one.

Windows Media Center keeps activating upon start up or bringing it back from sleep mode. Every once in a while the computer will be completely turned off and it will turn itself on. Kind of freaked me out for a little bit, but I still can't figure out how to stop it from happening. Its honestly starting to upset me. Its been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Any ideas?

PS its on Windows Vista Home Premium. It came with the computer.

WeibSunder
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
After getting my new computer, I've really enjoyed it. Its pretty fast and I have no complaints but one.

Windows Media Center keeps activating upon start up or bringing it back from sleep mode. Every once in a while the computer will be completely turned off and it will turn itself on. Kind of freaked me out for a little bit, but I still can't figure out how to stop it from happening. Its honestly starting to upset me. Its been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Any ideas?

PS its on Windows Vista Home Premium. It came with the computer.

On your keyboard press the little "windows" key and R at the same time, the run prompt will come up, type in "msconfig" <---without the quotes, give your machine permission. Go to the "startup" tab and click "disable all". Then restart your machine.

If that doesn't work, do this....

From the Start menu, click All Programs and click Accessories.
Click Run. A Run window (command prompt) appears.
Type msconfig in the Open field and click OK.
If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue. The System Configuration Utility opens