Tint is peeling [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tint is peeling

jmoney
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
hey i didnt know exactly where to open this thread. if this is the wrong location im sorry. But anyway recently my windows been f'd up and rolls up mad slow and on an angle at times, havent gotten around to fixing it yet but this weekend it son my todo list. Well when i got home today i notice my tint is starting to peel on the side of my driver window which is the one where the whole regulator or whateve ris messed up i dunno if one thing led to another but my question is if i have 5% tint all around will a new 5% tint on that side only match up with the rest of the windows or will i have to get all windows redone? probably a simple question but i wanted answers from the pros. just to be safe. Thanks

KhellendrosxS
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
It should match up just fine.

Also, dont use windex to clean your windows. It eats off the tint but it might help you get it off before you take it to get re-tinted...maybe save you a few bucks so they dont have to rip the old stuff off.

jmoney
09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
awesome! thanks bro.

LAXstar47
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
and your window probably came off the track, i had the same problem but i didn't fix it myself. if you can get the door panel off it should be easy to put back

GrandAmC9
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
^^ya either off the track or one of those clips that holds the glass is broke

jmoney
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
^^ya either off the track or one of those clips that holds the glass is broke

Well what happened was originally both clips came off that window i had them replaced like a year ago and just recently its done that, it rolls up super slow so i wouldnt be surpirsed if its semi off the track and the clips are broke. but thanks guys i appreciate your inputs. now to get this hideous window back to working order.thanks again