pulstar pulse sparkplugs? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : pulstar pulse sparkplugs?

blondiez24gt
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I seen these New sparkplugs, and was wondering if anyone has tried them out yet. They are suppose to gain back alot of fuel economy, horespower, and torque over the highest rated spark plugs. They are like 25 dollars a plug?:wow: I know when all the hype started about those E3 sparkplugs saving so much gas, I had to try them out, and they didn't work. They actually made My car run worse. I really can't afford to try these ones out the. So just wondering if anyone had tried them out?

KhellendrosxS
09-09-2008, 04:34 AM
They are just gimmick plugs. There is no reason to spend $150 for spark plugs. You need plain old platinum plugs for the best fuel economy/spark performance in your vehicle.

Also, those split fire/+4 plugs wont do a darn thing either. Think about it. Electricity jumps across the shortest gap. If there are 2 or 4 gaps its just going to jump across the path of least resistance (1) anyway. Save your money.

blondiez24gt
09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Yea thats what I figured. I was j/w because these have some kind of different resistor, and a pulse circuit in them. I thought the acdelco iridiums were better in our engines than the platinums?

AaronGTR
09-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Platinum or iridium, either one will work fine. As long as they are in good shape, you won't notice any difference in gas mileage or power. The iridium tips are smaller so they take a lower voltage threshold for a spark to jump the gap, but they are both basically designed for long life.

The pulsestar plugs.... eh, I'm torn on them. I've seen a few magazine articles talking about them and saying they actually tested them to make more power than conventional plugs. None of the articles explained sufficiently enough for me though how they differed in operation or how they were supposed to make more power. Regardless, the amount of power gain they claimed wasn't anywhere near enough to justify the $150 price tag, so I'd say it's a waste of money. :thumbs: