Cabling for my turbo... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cabling for my turbo...

zukiracer19
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok this is where im lost, before i can start my car I need to flash my pcm , scan, etc. all that good stuff. well Can anyone tell me easiest way to hook my guages up (TRANS TEMP, BOOST, WB Controller, A/F) and where do i put the breathers at? along with all other cables lol im so lost.

Nick-G
09-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Their should be instructions somewhere for where to install your guages. Your boost guage should just plug into your uim if I remember right.

And what are the cables your talking about? Are you talking about vacuum hoses or what? Also if your talking about crank case breathers they are installed on both valve covers in place of the pcv hoses.

zukiracer19
09-18-2008, 08:18 PM
would u recommend using the breathers??

zukiracer19
09-18-2008, 08:29 PM
and where do you run the wires to get to the motor?

Nick-G
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
I honestly am undicided on air breathers I dont know if their good or bad theirs alot of good topics on this and it really just depends on what you feel is best. Some people are against it and some are for it I just havent really picked my side yet if that makes sense lol

As for running your wires I would just look under your dash and find a place where other wires are going through and try poking them through.

iceman
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
You are installing a turbo.. but don't know how to run wires, or do important tasks?? Maybe you are in a little over your head?

This forum is full of your questions already answered, if you take the time and initiative to read around. Do us all a favor and enough with the daily new threads.. Can you maybe just have ONE single twenty questions thread?

timka86
09-18-2008, 10:36 PM
You are installing a turbo.. but don't know how to run wires, or do important tasks?? Maybe you are in a little over your head?

This forum is full of your questions already answered, if you take the time and initiative to read around. Do us all a favor and enough with the daily new threads.. Can you maybe just have ONE single twenty questions thread?

x2

nickofcourse
09-18-2008, 10:37 PM
i only see one of his thread, this forum should turn in to a readable fact and not have any new threads. or the forum nazis can loosen their grip a little bit.

zukiracer19
09-19-2008, 12:59 AM
yeah i would say. you guys are getting a little harsh.

KhellendrosxS
09-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Everyone is on you because wiring for gauges could be found on the 'Home' page of all places.

http://www.grandamgt.com/index.php?page=mods

Thats the guide I used when I was wiring mine up but didnt use quick disconnects for the wires. Its really easy to follow and you shouldnt have any problems getting through the firewall if you read through it. As for where to plug in the boost gauge there is a small port on the far left of the plenum as you are facing it. I dont know what sorts of parts you got from Todd but you can plug in the vac hose for it there. That gauge should only require power for a backlight...not to make the needle sweep (thats what the boost or vacuum does).

Lastly, if you dont know what you need to do with scanning you NEED to get yourself registered at the DHP boards and start reading. Nobody is going to hold your hand over there unless you have a serious question. Besides that it is full of great tuning documents that you will probably want to download and print out so you can have them to refer to when you are trying to adjust your bin file.

AaronGTR
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
would u recommend using the breathers??\

Absolutely not! There are many reasons why. Here's a thread explaining why. http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72709&highlight=pcv
There's a lot to read in there but it covers pretty much everything. The short of it is, most of the experienced members here don't think it's necessary and can possibly be harmful. The pcv system should be left in place.