Air filter box [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Air filter box

chrisjkru
09-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I was reading a comment on car survey about this guy and his grand am gt. He said that he plugged the hole in the bottom of his air filter box. He said since then he has noticed a huge difference in performance. The person after him said yes it made a huge change. Is this true?www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_66050.html

Mike Jung
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I was reading a comment on car survey about this guy and his grand am gt. He said that he plugged the hole in the bottom of his air filter box. He said since then he has noticed a huge difference in performance. The person after him said yes it made a huge change. Is this true?www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_66050.html
LMAO lol

Check out: MP Racing (http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=28)

For a limited time: ***MP Racing "Lost My Mind" Sale.. *** (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76542)

DrFabulous
09-19-2008, 08:51 PM

No, its not true. The "Ram Air" is useless, no matter what you try to do to it. Buy a CAI and you'll see actual gains.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-19-2008, 08:57 PM
don't remember seeing any extra hole in bottom of my air box when i recently cleaner the k&n filter. i had a terrible time cleaning that honey comb area in bottom haft of air box though. is this hole in that area. is this a joke or a serious thing to do . seeing that mike jung is lol .i am missing something in this topic.

Mike Jung
09-19-2008, 09:57 PM
don't remember seeing any extra hole in bottom of my air box when i recently cleaner the k&n filter. i had a terrible time cleaning that honey comb area in bottom haft of air box though. is this hole in that area. is this a joke or a serious thing to do . seeing that mike jung is lol .i am missing something in this topic.
It is a joke lol

Won't do a thing for you.
Except block a secondary air intake tube that is used when the Ram Air inlet is blocked with snow & ice.

AaronGTR
09-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, there are two holes in the bottom half of the box. One goes to the useless factory ram air duct, the other draws air from the fender well behind the headlight and actually pulls in colder air. Blocking that side off would actually reduce power, but not by any amount that the driver would be able to feel. Those two fell victim to what I call the placebo effect, where they changed something on their car so their mind wants to believe it made a difference without any actual instrumented testing to back it up. lol

Nick-G
09-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Maybe I should go put a plastic bag around my cone filter ill get an instant gain in hp and wont ever have to clean my filter again lol

GrandAmC9
09-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe I should go put a plastic bag around my cone filter ill get an instant gain in hp and wont ever have to clean my filter again lol

LMFAO:stupid:

stillriza
09-21-2008, 07:41 AM
The comments about the seats and the obese were pretty amusing if not harsh lol

gectek
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
SOOPING up a car with EXTREME exhuast and DUCT TAPE FTMFW!!!!!

esp after 35mph and a scientifically calculated 40 est MPG on the highway!!!

all of this with a bunch of fatties in the front, jut imagine if he did the !driver mod
he already added the !weight reduction and actually GAINED performance, man he is an innovater

99GTCoupe
09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
lol
Wow... just wow XD
posted a comment up on it btw, and repped the forum! lol

Mike Jung
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
lol
Wow... just wow XD
posted a comment up on it btw, and repped the forum! lol
I'm the one who put:
19th Sep 2008, 19:58