is this piece part of the pcv valve when you replace it ?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : is this piece part of the pcv valve when you replace it ??

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
i notice the curved foam like hose where my thumb is is rather weak and grumbling. i would like to replace it . what other parts of in that picture come with it. do i just ask for a PCV valve and that will come along with it. anyone know the part number and price of that curved hose etc.

SSRacer
09-20-2008, 07:33 PM
The PCV valve just comes with the metal valve. You'll probably have to buy a small piece of rubber hose to replace that.

GrandAmC9
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
ya use either a piece of fuel line or just go to a dealer that piece is only $6

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
steve , so you CAN get the piece ( curved hose ) from dealer , at it's about $6 ?? have a part number ??

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
i bought the curved rubber pieces, from gm just over $7 cdn....but someone on gaowners site mentioned they did not see mine connecting to the UIM...

gm shows 2 different version of the the hose etc coming from the pcv . using there photo's below is how it looks like on my car .

the curved hose goes into an electronic part # 558 , which is then bolted to upper manifold... they tell me one goes into the throttlebody #24508188, the other version goes into the upper intake manifold # 24508186..... ( they asked me which version do i have and need ) ???????

the diagram i will attach also was printed off from gm for 2000 year it shows that electrical piece that the curved hose goes into.#576 i ordered , but want to order the correct adjacent piece #574 which goes into my PCV valve , but that's were there listed for 2 versions.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
daigram for 2000 year from gm

GrandAmC9
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
24508186 you want the one that goes from the pcv valve itself over the uim, it dumps into the uim under the throttle cable bracket thats attached to the throttle body, and continues to that curved piece of rubber that goes into the electronic piece... the other one goes from the rear valve cover over the uim and goes into the air intake right before the throttle body.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
thankyou i will order that part tuesday. . so what the functioning difference. i would imagine any part updated has to be better.

GrandAmC9
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
one just goes from the front valve cover with the pcv valve and the other goes from the rear valve cover, both seem to have the same function minus the electronics, which i assume is just some sort of sensorfor the rest of the vacuum setup

AaronGTR
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
one just goes from the front valve cover with the pcv valve and the other goes from the rear valve cover, both seem to have the same function minus the electronics, which i assume is just some sort of sensorfor the rest of the vacuum setup

Actually the tube from the rear valve cover is the air intake for the crank case and it goes to the intake between the TB and MAF. The front valve cover with the PCV valve in it goes to the upper intake manifold behind the TB so that it sees vacuum and draws air out of the crank case to evacuate the blow by gases. The system is design to flow in one direction during normal driving. Only during WOT driving when no vacuum is present, does the pressure in the crank case get high enough that the blow by gases flow out of both tubes into the intake. The time spent daily at WOT is comparatively small, so normally the PCV system operates the other way.

GrandAmC9
09-23-2008, 08:23 PM
thanks for clearing that up, still the part you want though