Does the Key have a sensor? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Does the Key have a sensor?

resevil83
09-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I was wondering if a 2001 pontiac grand am se has a sensor in the key. I wanted to grind the black plastic on my key down so it would be flush with the actual key part and drill a whole through it. I want to do this...
http://lifehacker.com/399031/diy-leatherman-key-mod

GrandAmC9
09-22-2008, 11:53 PM
no the key does not have a sensor, thats an...interesting type of keychain gl with it

kse73
09-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Who are you going to leave your keys with when you try to pass security at an airport?

Mike Jung
09-23-2008, 12:32 AM
You are going to wear out the ignition key slot cylinder prematurely, with the extra weight of the Leatherman tool; I would think (?).

tenspeed
09-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Get a cheap all metal key cut. I keep a spare in my wallet.

The leather man thing would be too heavy and it would be at an angle in the On position. Maybe it would be nice to use as an emergency key.

Who cares about an airport?

alerored04
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I think he is using the Mini Leatherman, I dont think that would be too heavy. A full size one would obviously cause issues.

kse73
09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Get a cheap all metal key cut. I keep a spare in my wallet.

The leather man thing would be too heavy and it would be at an angle in the On position. Maybe it would be nice to use as an emergency key.

Who cares about an airport?

Someone who travels? :huh:

stillriza
09-23-2008, 07:57 AM
The Micra leathermans actually the ones made to put on keychains so they are very light. When closed it is only the length of say an average persons pinky finger. (I have one along with a full size leatherman that I keep in my car)

That is a cool idea..and if you know you will be travelling, just take a diff. set of keys with you :)

resevil83
09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
yea, I have a spare key so if I ever left my car at the airport I would just bring that one. Otherwise I never bring my keys when I travel.... There's no point for me really. The people I live with are the ones that pick me up from the airport :)