Diagram for Grounding Points?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Diagram for Grounding Points??

timberwoof
09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Does anybody have a diagram for the grounding points on a 3400. I'm going to upgrade my grounds to thicker wire, because my lights dim everytime I hit my brakes. Its frustrating.

Either that can somebody do a write up of where they are.

I know there are several people who have done the upgrade due to sound systems. What wiring do you recommend?

cardude007617
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
if you have top terminals on your battery, you can do a neg batt post to frame wire with 4 gauge which would be enough for that due to the wire only being a few inches long...

zzp has an alt---> fusebox or post battery post wire too which is 4G. you could run that new wire to the bolt on the fuse box as well from the pos battery terminal.
all thats left then is the engine ground which i dont think is necessary with the neg batt post to frame one done, you do the starter one but again that really is not needed.

the easiest way to do it is to pick up 2 battery terminals from autozone or soemthing, then you have places to run the new wires without messing with the stock stuff.

tenspeed
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Does anybody have a diagram for the grounding points on a 3400. I'm going to upgrade my grounds to thicker wire, because my lights dim everytime I hit my brakes. Its frustrating.

Let us know if the lights stop dimming. You don't really need a diagram, follow the black wire from the battery to where it bolts to the frame and engine.

gagt Mechanic
09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
is it your interior lights or exterior or both?