Cracked front bumper [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cracked front bumper

dcuballa
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Has anyone found anything that works well to fix the front bumper...basically I have bounced it off driveways a few times and the bottom of the lower lip has a crack about 6 inches long and the piece in the center that connects the lower lip to the upper bumper has broke off entirely from the upper bumper...I found some glue at advance made for flexible front bumpers...didnt know if anyone has anything

FromTheInside
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I fixed my entire bumper myself as it had manyyy cracks in it..

If you're going to fix it, I say take the entire thing off yourself (pain in the ass) and then get Amazing Goop from walmart ($3) and then glue it from the inside and it will be much nicer. I did it and I have bottomed out numerous times without making the glue come loose or anything. I also tore off a loose door panel and reglued it on with the stuff... it's AMAZING, hence the name. It worked for me and cost me 3 bucks and a few hours for the job... Just make sure you're willing to spare some time, garage the car and not use it for an entire night.

dcuballa
10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
How do you get the bumper off....also I was thinkin about getting some alum/steel and maybe making a L bracket and glue it to the center "thing" do you think that would be over kill??