I hate fixing my GAGT! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I hate fixing my GAGT!

shogun99
10-07-2008, 05:40 PM
So my car didn't start a few days ago. I had a feeling it was the fuel pump because the engine would try to start but there was no fuel going to the engine. Took it to the dealer and they told me that the fuel pump is dead and needs to be replaced. The part alone cost more than $500! (canadian). Then i also had the fuel filter replaced, oil changed and had all the injectors cleaned. Total cost was $992!!!....now did i just get ripped off or does this sound about right?...personally the car is running better than ever and i think the price is fair. They did a good job so what more can you ask?
Honestly, im not even that pissed cause the GAGT hasn't had a serious problem in a LONG time so it was due for a breakdown...lol

FromTheInside
10-07-2008, 05:50 PM
The price sounds right but my car has so many little problems so frequently that it almost makes me want to teach myself how to fix the problems so I don't have to pay $400 for labor and I could just buy a part on eBay that will work just fine...........

bigstribs
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Was that labor and parts?

hass
10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Was that labor and parts?

he said part was over 500... So I would assume just over 500....
so 525 parts, 450 labor.

bigstribs
10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Well the fuel pump seems way to expensive, but if it was part and labor that would be close to right. Oil change-$20, fuel filter-$90, and fuel system cleaned- $100(parts and labor incl). Thats based on what my work charges without coupons.

I mean you can get a Walbro 255 for $125 made for the GA intank, so I would figure more labor than anything. Plus its stock part and prolly from the dealership. Thats the reason I ask!