Milky oil in intake [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Milky oil in intake

Nick-G
10-11-2008, 12:35 PM
So today when I pulled my rear pcv hose out of the valve cover some kind of liquid ran out of both the valve cover and the hose. I started pulling a few other things apart and noticed their is a puddle of this stuff in my intake just before my throttle body.

All I have is a phone so the pictures suck but this milky crap is almost plugging my pcv hose and valve and I'm wondering if this could be because of coolant leaking into my oil or what.

duramax1031
10-11-2008, 12:49 PM
head gasket!....mine looked the same way before i fixed it

Nick-G
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Ill wait for more input but honestly i'm hoping their is something wrong that way ill have an excuse to finally do my engine swap lol

McFlurrey06
10-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Isn't this the reason people install a catch can? cause oil can end up in the intake/ or more commonly on Forced Induction cars, the charge piping?

XtremeGaGt00
10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
looks like the infamous LIM gasket failure...and if you got coolant under your t.b. thats more then likley the culprit...headgaskets leaking..youll either see it coming down the block..usually the corners leak the most, or youll overheat and have all kinds of white smoke pouring out if your exhaust

Nick-G
10-11-2008, 01:27 PM
The oil is going through the pcv in both directions and besides that the whole point of this thread is that this isn't just oil that's turning up in my intake it is mixed with some kind of liquid possibly coolant.

Also it is not leaking externally at all as far as I can see. My coolant level is low but I also have a hose leaking so its hard to tell.

McFlurrey06
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Precautionary measure, just do the engine swap.

XtremeGaGt00
10-11-2008, 01:35 PM
my bad..read your first post wrong and too fast!..id rip it down to atleast the lim..examine them..see if they failed..youlll be able to see if theyre messed up...other then that, if your planning on an engine swap...fuk it...pull the bish

alerored04
10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
I would do that /\. If you need any help let me know. I have dealt with countless LIM's and did my engine in June. Another set of hands and eyes is always nice.

GrandAmGT-2008
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
mine did that when i had the lim leak. mine was internal.

gagt Mechanic
10-11-2008, 06:32 PM
how is the oil on your dip stick, if it is the same, you have big issue, if it is layerd, milky on top, reg on bottom, not as bad. if your dip stick is ok, some build up is normal, but yours looks a little exsessive. have you had alot of rain lately or really high humidity? most likely it is a leaky gasket though.

hass
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Leaky LIM or heads/head gasket.