Wacky Gauges (Loose?) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Gauges (Loose?)

FromTheInside
10-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey, well on other Grand Ams, as well as other cars, I noticed that the gauges get "bouncy" after a while, and don't move smoothly but instead bounce at little incriments. When I startup and the gauges all maximize, all of them move fine and smoothly except for the temperature gauge which bounces around. (It gives accurate readings though.) I know this is such an insignificant problem, but it takes away from how cool the gauges look at night when I start the car and I see them all go to max =^D

Yeah, I know that as gauges age they get loose or whatever, but does anyone know if there is a way to fix/help this. Obviously it would be to remove the gauge cluster... but maybe something can be done.........I don't know, any ideas? =P

PhantomLover007
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Check the grounding on the battery first.

FromTheInside
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
It looks good. I think the problem's within the gauge itself =[ Anyone know any solutions/helpful things?

gagt Mechanic
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
the gauge clust isnt really serviceable, if it is only at start up you may need to have it rebuilt, cost a about 150-200 and takes a few days.

FromTheInside
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Not worth it lol. I was just curious if anyone has taken it apart around here. Thank you... I'll just deal with it =[