AGX STRUTS with MRZ billet caps [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : AGX STRUTS with MRZ billet caps

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
where the AGX struts are adjustable. in the front ( as the back only has removeable rubber covers ) is the height of the center adjustment bolt i call it any different were it would interfer with my already install MRZ billets caps. i know to adjust i would need to pop them off each time.

you think they may make like rancho did with there RS9000 shocks a inside interior remote way of adjusting them. and so you could do it as you drive even.

GrandAmGT-2008
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
if it's on the top of the strut i would imagine that you could either get the cap machined on the bottom.. or get something that would raise the height of the cap made..

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-16-2008, 09:16 PM
not sure about either of those ideas. don't think the middle area is all that thick ??? and extending would be trick and cost quite a bit because of machining etc ???

GrandAmGT-2008
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
are you for sure that it's on the top of the strut? that is where it is bolted isn't it.. i thought they were adjusted on the side.

KhellendrosxS
10-17-2008, 04:38 AM
are you for sure that it's on the top of the strut? that is where it is bolted isn't it.. i thought they were adjusted on the side.

Yeah, Im pretty sure they adjust on the side too.

mfuller
10-17-2008, 12:56 PM
My MRZ caps fit fine over the top of the strut. They do push up on the rear corners of the hood a bit when closed, so I only use them when the hood is open. The AGX adjustment is on the top of the strut.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-17-2008, 05:10 PM
mfuller i am not following what you said here >> They do push up on the rear corners of the hood a bit when closed, so I only use them when the hood is open

do you mean your mrz caps hit the rear corners of the hood ? mine do not right now . did you agx struts push the caps up or stick / sit up higher . so you only put your caps on when you open the hood ???

PhantomLover007
10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey Troy, did you get the caps that are made for the adjustable struts? I remember seeing them on the site, I think.

mfuller
10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
mfuller i am not following what you said here >> They do push up on the rear corners of the hood a bit when closed, so I only use them when the hood is open

do you mean your mrz caps hit the rear corners of the hood ? mine do not right now . did you agx struts push the caps up or stick / sit up higher . so you only put your caps on when you open the hood ???

Okay, maybe pictues will help explain. Yes, when I have the covers on and the hood is closed, the covers push up on the rear corners of the hood so it doesn't sit flush with the fenders. If I remove the covers and close the hood, all is good. My caps are recessed on the underside for the rod in the middle.
It is an Alero though, so that may have something to do with clearance issues.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
if yours are recessed and you still have problems were they touch and do not sit flush . then i will have problems because to my memorary mine are not recessed on the underside of the cap.

just bloody great if i have to buy another set of ingrave covers in order to work with the agx because mine may not be recessed . and if the recessed ones don't cut it well either. how recessed are they how deep ???

your car being an alero and mine a ga looking like identical strut towers etc. anyone esle with agx 's and the mrz caps ???

am i correct in thinking yours do not sit flush / level because the gap between the black ring versus the blk painted tower of the inner fender is different around the inner blk ring . mine was i could not snap cap all the way down . i had to adjust the strut mount / inner blk ring .

mfuller
10-17-2008, 08:43 PM
When I place my covers on top of the strut towers and press them down so that the o-ring seals, they do sit flush. So there's no interference between the strut and the cover.
In the middle of the underside of the cover, there is a recess maybe 3mm deep, and about as big as a dime.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
so yours sit flush and are reccessed . but they still touch . is that because of the agx center adjustment bolt, or just your hood. you have a factory not ram air hood yes ???

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
nice to see MRZ shows my engraved covers as part of there advertising. but just hope they work someday when and if i get the agx struts..

i checked there ads and did not see or read anything about recessed underside of there covers or recessed talk in anyway.

hopefully they were all recessed on the underside. i would rather not have to pop mine off til the day i absolutely need to for the agx or maintenance.

mfuller
10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
I think it's just my hood.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
so what you are saying or thinking as i maybe . is that if i have that same recessed on the underside of the caps that i will be alright with the agx struts. because you think the touching is because of the hood and the caps sit flush on the towers with the acx 's there.

i can just imagine what it will cost me to have someone machine a recess if i need it on my caps and that's if there is enough material on the caps to do it . and possible re-polishing after machining .

mfuller
10-17-2008, 10:35 PM
If your caps aren't touching the hood now, I don't think you'll have any trouble with the AGX struts.