How To Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How To Question

iApex
10-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know how to specifically take off all of the trim in the 01 grand AM GT's?

Like around the stereo and A/C control panel, around the air vents, and around the shifter in the middle on an automatic?

I need to take mine out to re-finish them and i don't want to break anything.

McFlurrey06
10-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Buy a Chilton or Haynes book, will tell you how to do that plus juSt about anything else you need to know about the GAGT

Bryan
10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Stereo bezel just pulls off, air vents have 3 clips inside that need to be pried up, and the shifter trim just pops right off. If you need any clarification feel free to PM me or I'm sure another member will follow up with more detail, I'm just lazy at the moment.

Ajaxus
10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
There's this awesome way of doing this that you'll absolutely love, it's called "search"..

I mean, if you've seen people do this to their cars before..logically there must be information available on how to do it..

iApex
10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
There's this awesome way of doing this that you'll absolutely love, it's called "search"..

I mean, if you've seen people do this to their cars before..logically there must be information available on how to do it..

Are you aware how vbulletin search works? well if you aren't let me clarify.

It uses keywords so for example if i typed Taking off trim it would bring up every thread on this site, that had even one post in it that had any 3 of those words or in any combination, now seeing how this site Threads: 62,386, Posts: 887,757.

I have to make the decision weather or not i want to waist my day searching through those posts to find what i want or take 30 seconds to make a thread asking. Now what one do you think is the logical one?

Thanks for the input the others that know what their doing.

scs411scs
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
its not really that difficult...you wanted a How To...so why not look through the How To section of the forum? Ok, well i already did it for you...after 3-1/2 minutes (after pulling up all threads from the beginning) i found this on page 6 of 9...

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38754

WeibSunder
10-18-2008, 09:46 PM

It uses keywords so for example if i typed Taking off trim it would bring up every thread on this site, that had even one post in it that had any 3 of those words or in any combination, now seeing how this site Threads: 62,386, Posts: 887,757.

I have to make the decision weather or not i want to waist my day searching through those posts to find what i want or take 30 seconds to make a thread asking. Now what one do you think is the logical one?

Looks like someone needs to get the stick out of their ass & then use dictionary next time they post.

Plus, the MODs don't give a damn about your time, either you can search, or 99% of them will delete your post. Good luck around here with that attitude.

tenspeed
10-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know how to specifically take off all of the trim in the 01 grand AM GT's?

This site should help you out -> http://evicerator.com/cars/grandam/interior.html

hass
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM

I suppose you are not aware of how the searches work either.
Considering commonly used words are not included in searches.
IE, off

Just need to search more technical terms... like, Bezel and such.
But yeah, figured I'd jump in before the lock ;D

I wanted to know how to properly reattach headlights earlier... So, I looked in the how to's. Took me about 4-5 pages, but I found a great one with pictures. Not very hard imo.

PhantomLover007
10-19-2008, 12:29 AM
That website is pretty good Jim.

Ajaxus
10-20-2008, 11:32 AM

its not really that difficult...you wanted a How To...so why not look through the How To section of the forum? Ok, well i already did it for you...after 3-1/2 minutes (after pulling up all threads from the beginning) i found this on page 6 of 9...

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38754

pwnage, lol

The search feature also lets you choose what forum to search in, narrowing results. I've used it on this exact subject before for my bros car and found the results in under 5 minutes..it isn't that difficult.

:hay:

ibtl

DrFabulous
10-20-2008, 11:38 AM

lol

So instead of you spending time to fine the answer, you want us to spend the time figuring it out for you? Want us to come hold your hand while you do it as well?

Ajaxus
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
lol

So instead of you spending time to fine the answer, you want us to spend the time figuring it out for you? Want us to come hold your hand while you do it as well?

*insert ghey fab joke here*

PhantomLover007
10-20-2008, 11:27 PM
^^^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYvEmdHVhW4

lol lol

DrFabulous
10-21-2008, 07:28 AM
*insert ghey fab joke here*

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/DrFabulous26/squint.gif