window track broke, need to get right part [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window track broke, need to get right part

jamesh1985
10-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey, my clips broke that raise my window, I can fix it but i am having trouble finding the right part on ebay to order, i have a 2001 grand am se1 v6 4 door. I dont know which exactly to get, because there seem to be different things for the window, could someone give an ebay link to what i would need. I guess I wanna get the whole assembly, the tracks, regulator? and such... someone said it was like 80 bucks.

DrFabulous
10-21-2008, 08:33 AM
If the little white pieces broke, you're going to need a whole new assembly (minus possibly the motor). You get what you pay for on ebay tho, I went thru 4 of those in 2 years

350rs
10-21-2008, 10:02 AM
just go to a parts store and ask for a window regulator. those will be new and likely have a lifetime warrenty. probably costs around 80 bucks and many times will come with motor.

PhantomLover007
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I've seen some of the window sashes (the white pieces) on E-Bay. They might still be on there.

AaronGAGT
10-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I've seen some of the window sashes (the white pieces) on E-Bay. They might still be on there.

the sashes are actually the part that's epoxied onto the window (according to the dealership)

white clips don't have a name :)

PhantomLover007
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
the sashes are actually the part that's epoxied onto the window (according to the dealership)

white clips don't have a name :)

Ooooh. Thanks mang..

FromTheInside
10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Do what I did... I gorilla glued the hell out of all of the white clips when I replaced both regulators. Just take the thing out and put glue all over the clip (not the side facing the regulator... They're strong as hell now and have had no problems =P

They're reinforced and working like a charm =]

FromTheInside
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Just for clarification... I glued new clips for reinforcement... I'm not telling you to glue broken ones lol