steering wheel plastic shroud [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel plastic shroud

99blackgagt
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I am having trouble putting the steering wheel plastic shrouds back on because of the tilt steering lever being in the way...is there some trick to getting these back on? I have broken a few tilt knobs trying to do this and keep getting them from junk yards, and im sick of it. Help!

Lab Rat
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I remember if you turn it just right (I'm thinking close to upside down) and bend the plastic a small amount it will pop back in. Hard to explain online, sorry. But I did get it back on without breaking it. Good luck.

Malaclypse
10-22-2008, 10:57 PM
You can remove the tilt lever. Its easier to do with the trim covers off because you can grab the unseen metal bits with pliers.

It just takes alot of force to remove. Grab tight and pull away from the column. Once you have the trim covers on, reinstall the lever.

turdstangjunk69
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM
i did the same stupid thing. wasn't very happy about it but i just let it broken. im the only one who drives the car and i dont move it ever really

99blackgagt
11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
thanks for the reply, i have gotten the tilt lever out, but once you put the plastic back on its hard as its probably going to be really hard to get that tiny pin back isn't it?