Total gains? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Total gains?

TFA
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
My near-future plans for my car include P&P UIM, LIM, 65MM TB, and S&S headers, to go along with my short-ram CAI and 2.5" custom exhaust I already have, my question is what will be the total HP gain of the total package? I cannot find numbers anywhere that give me a clear idea.

stewartfn18
10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
it really depends on the condtion of the cazr and engine, but if i were to guess, at least 25-30 whp(waits for others to say "no") im at approximately 170 whp with half that stuff. Add the 3rd piece to the intakeand your golden. (throw a cam in while youre at it) jk, its all up to you, pretty good list though already.

Ported heads would get you a ton too but im not sure if youre already maxing your budget.

zukiracer19
10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
or u can buy my turbo for that price

stewartfn18
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
dude i thought you were done with that.

TFA
10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
or u can buy my turbo for that price

Im staying N/A , and I think my way is cheaper lol

stewartfn18
10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Im staying N/A , and I think my way is cheaper lol

buying everything from MPR and WOT tech right?

TFA
10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
buying everything from MPR and WOT tech right?

Not necessarily, overall my budget is relatively small and Ive done mucho research on prices. As far as for the future parts go that Ive listed above, below is what my research has yielded..

Example:

1) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gasket option, and porting option for 65MM TB from MP RACING = 392$ (with core sent in prior)
2) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gasket option and portiong option for 65MM TB from WOT TECH = 364$ (with core sent in prior)
3) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gaskets included and free porting to match any size TB from MMS = 299$ (with core sent in prior)

1) 65MM TCE TB w/ assembled option from MP RACING = 319$ (with core sent in prior)
2) 65MM TCE TB w/ assembled option from WOT TECH = 299$ (with core sent in prior)
3) 65MM TCE TB w/ free assembly from MMS = 239$ (with core sent in prior)

Now assuming all are the same quality, because I have no reason nor evidence to prove otherwise, naturally I would go with option 3, does anyone have a reason for me to think otherwise?

Jake
10-29-2008, 07:28 PM
You can see my mods in my sig. I cant give you an exact number but I would say 25 or so hp at the wheels. Maybe a few more, I guess I wont know until I dyno it some day :p What changed drasticly<--(spelling?) was the throttle response, I see a huge improvement in that.

stewartfn18
10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Not necessarily, overall my budget is relatively small and Ive done mucho research on prices. As far as for the future parts go that Ive listed above, below is what my research has yielded..

Example:

1) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gasket option, and porting option for 65MM TB from MP RACING = 392$ (with core sent in prior)
2) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gasket option and portiong option for 65MM TB from WOT TECH = 364$ (with core sent in prior)
3) P&P UIM and LIM w/ gaskets included and free porting to match any size TB from MMS = 299$ (with core sent in prior)

1) 65MM TCE TB w/ assembled option from MP RACING = 319$ (with core sent in prior)
2) 65MM TCE TB w/ assembled option from WOT TECH = 299$ (with core sent in prior)
3) 65MM TCE TB w/ free assembly from MMS = 239$ (with core sent in prior)

Now assuming all are the same quality, because I have no reason nor evidence to prove otherwise, naturally I would go with option 3, does anyone have a reason for me to think otherwise?

the prices may be cheaper, but as for the porting MMS has nothing on ben from WOT Tech. ben has done more research into porting than MMS and it shows by flow charts. (waits for ben to chime in)

AaronGTR
10-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Impossible to say. Every car is different and will respond slightly different to certain mods. Parts are different too and ported intake manifolds from different companies will give different results. You're only going to find out what the total HP gain will be one way... buy the parts, install them, put the car on a dyno. ;)

Jake
10-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Impossible to say. Every car is different and will respond slightly different to certain mods. Parts are different too and ported intake manifolds from different companies will give different results. You're only going to find out what the total HP gain will be one way... buy the parts, install them, put the car on a dyno. ;)

This is true. I lined up with my buddies 02 Monte Carlo in the back of work a few weeks ago which has the same 3.4 motor as us. He hung with me for about 1.2 seconds and after about 3-4 seconds I was over a car lengths ahead. That was on these fat rims and tires so I guess my mods made a little improvment :p (We never hit over about 55 so no yelling at me about racing :angel)

McFlurrey06
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
No racing jake!!

Vegeta
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Manifolds will be offered in a budget series for those that put price before performance, and a pro series that takes all that I have learned from 100s of flow tests and years of experience. Both are better than the manifolds I saw from any competitor in this market.

The software I use to help design my parts shows stock as having the following hp
RPM 2000 HP 89
RPM 3000 HP 141
RPM 4000 HP 178
RPM 5000 HP 173
RPM 5500 HP 161
RPM 6000 HP 140

with 65mm TB, pro style ported manifolds, and headers

RPM 2000 HP 97
RPM 3000 HP 151
RPM 4000 HP 196
RPM 5000 HP 200
RPM 5500 HP 194
RPM 6000 HP 177

Those are the simulated crank hp, not wheel. That should give you a good estimate though for what you are looking for. There are no provissions for tuning, cold air intake, or a cat back setup so I am not saying you are staring with 178 hp at the crank right now.

I wasn't aware that I didn't have a core charge for the throttle bodies right now, but they are $60 core. That makes my TB price 239.89 complete if you send in the core prior. The site will be going through some changes, although slowly, as I organize it.

TFA
10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said Im not buying anything right now, Im still weighing my options.

timberwoof
10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
good luck with the build either way and keep us posted on the progress. Us guys that haven't gotten our hands dirty yet, always love to see what others have done to get ideas.