who's got the better coolant bypass the throttlebody setup [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : who's got the better coolant bypass the throttlebody setup

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-29-2008, 05:32 PM
milzymotorsports as a replace coolant bypass tube at $40 and a core charge of $35. >>>It eliminates the flow of hot engine coolant through the throttle
body,reducing intake temperature, which would increase power. It also eliminates a restriction in the coolant tube allowing more
coolant flow through the tube to the heater core.

now i see on mpracing the 3100/3400 V6 Throttle Body Coolant Bypass Kit for $5.01. are the the same thing . big diff in price. my engine is stock AT THIS TIME .

lvemy3100
10-29-2008, 05:48 PM
not the same thing... our coolant bypass kit is just a silicone coolant hose and some clamps so that you can either add a bilet TB or just keep the coolant from going through the stock TB.

the MMS bypass is tube is the actual stock metal bypass tube reworked so that the coolant flows straight through instead of forcing the coolant to flow to the TB and then back into the bypass pipe.

both basically do the exact same thing

bigstribs
10-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Milzy's is a modified tube that eliminates the 2 nostrils to the TB and powder coated and Mark's is a rubber tube that connects the 2 nostrils. Both work and do the same thing but its really how you want things to look.

bigstribs
10-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Beat me to it Mark lol damn smart phone not so fast :)

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
where can i find what either looks like. can remember seeing any aspecially of the silicone hose setup.

i know anything that keeps rust away and even comes in colours sounds better. would the silicone hose run tight and straight or sage a bit once hot would be one questions.

i believe it is mpracing too that said they were going to be carring the big brakes setup ? something esle i definitely would like to have atleast by summer of 2009 fall at lastest. working on that ,and rims and tires from now til then.

Jake
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I just bought a little black hose from the hardware store here in town and my dad had 2 little clamps in the garage I used :p. Works fine

bigstribs
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Go look at their sites www.mpracing.org and www.milzymotorsports.com

Yes Mark has the big brake upgrades!

SSRacer
10-29-2008, 06:32 PM
I just used a piece of hose from auto zone.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-29-2008, 06:37 PM
i looked on both websites the mp just today the milzy earlier in the year did not see what i am inquiring about . WILL LOOK AGAIN. my hose and tubing etc is all perfect too i just CLEANED all mine BEFORE i armall. but i material that will last longer and look better like silicone and red sounds better to me.

stewartfn18
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I just bought a little black hose from the hardware store here in town and my dad had 2 little clamps in the garage I used :p. Works fine

thats what i did. no problems here either.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
looked did not see what i would be interested in the coolant bypass setups > INSTALLED so i better know which i would want , how it looks etc etc..... mp versus milzy . pictures speak volumes . that 's how i was able to askk mp about the hoses and how others clued into the fact that his were silicone hoses etc not looms or heat shrink tubing

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-12-2008, 02:22 PM
lvemy3100 is this in anyway or any part of this coolant bypass set up in picture your style you sell. if so i take that is a billet piece seen at one end what is on the other end etc .

lone_wolf025
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
lvemy3100 is this in anyway or any part of this coolant bypass set up in picture your style you sell. if so i take that is a billet piece seen at one end what is on the other end etc .

I'm pretty sure that's different. My car has the TB coolant bypass (on the stock TB atm) and all we did was take the two hoses off the TB and have one hose to connect the outlets from the coolant line. I'll see if I can't snap a pic of it.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
who has mpracing / marks version of coolant bypass setup that could post a photo please and thanks

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
need photo's ......of mpracings coolant bypass setup . who has it MARK ?????

Nick-G
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
It's a rubber hose with clamps.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-30-2008, 06:00 PM
any of the hose setups i see start with on the passenger side a billet or aluiminium bolted down section . is this included in there setup .

i have seen this on a few cars that use a hose setup intead of the piping setup . and what does it look like on the other end of the hose on the drivers side..

surely someone has there exact setup and can provide pictures. too me it's important to see EXACTLY what i might buy.