Need recommendation for online photo service [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation for online photo service

AleroB888
11-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Already lost access to picture archive, should I transfer to the new one they suggest, or go with a different service?;crap

Dear AOL Pictures User:

We are sorry to inform you that, as of December 31, 2008, AOL will no longer provide the AOL Pictures online photo service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The good news is that AOL has partnered with American Greetings® PhotoWorks® to enable continued access to your pictures through the PhotoWorks service. PhotoWorks provides unlimited free storage, just like AOL Pictures, as well as a variety of options for making creations and sharing your photos. You can access your images on PhotoWorks simply by providing your screen name and password to register for a free American Greetings PhotoWorks account. Register for PhotoWorks now.

Rich
11-01-2008, 04:26 PM
did aol pictures just host your pictures online? if so, id just move then all over to www.photobucket.com. good site to use.

PhantomLover007
11-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah. I read that message too Alero. Thank God I've been using PhotoBucket... lol

Ajaxus
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
did aol pictures just host your pictures online? if so, id just move then all over to www.photobucket.com. good site to use.

3rd'd

photobucket = ftw

AleroB888
11-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Yeah, the only reason I need a photo service at all is to post pics in the forums. Right now my pics on this site show "currently not available", but if you right-click on them, the "properties" still gives a valid url with which you can view the pics.

I would like to be able to switch the stuff over somehow and not have to go in and change all the pic url's one at a time, but I think no matter what I do, the pics will each have a new url. Does that sound right? I don't have much computer savvy.....

lone_wolf025
11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Photobucket's good. Just remember to put your album on private. Otherwise the pictures are "public" and can be used by photobucket for whatever means they do so choose, including potentially selling your images.

Rich
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
yeah, they will all have a new url.

AleroB888
11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Photobucket's good. Just remember to put your album on private. Otherwise the pictures are "public" and can be used by photobucket for whatever means they do so choose, including potentially selling your images.

Thanks for the tip, I do have a few old family photos from WW2 that could have historic value.