strange brake sounds [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : strange brake sounds

350rs
11-10-2008, 10:01 AM
im very familiar with brakes, but this ones got me scratching my head. i replaced all my pads with wagner thermoquiet pads. i replaced the rear rotors and turned the fronts. also replaced the slide pins on the front calipers. But sometimes when im comming to a stop, but only when im nearly stopped, it sounds like they have a severe vibration going on. i can kinda feel it in the pedal, but i dont feel it at all in the wheel. one thing that kinda has me wondering is that when i turned them i forgot the silencing band on the outside diameter of the rotor. that MAY have caused tiny waves in the rotor causing the vibration. But like i said, its not every time i stop, just sometimes. it sounds like the front to me and not the rear which is why im thinking that silencing band may be my problem. any ideas?

gagt Mechanic
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
sure its not the abs kicking on. vibrations from rotors is worse at high speeds, not almost at a stop.

350rs
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
no this isnt the abs. its almost got to be the rotors. i may replace them and see what happens