steering wheel question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel question

bkwales
11-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this post.... but is it possible to put a steering wheel from an SE2 (with radio controls) into a GT that does not have radio controls and make it work????

I have a chance to pick up a near mint 99 SE2 for 450 clams it has a leather interior and i want to do a full swap into my GT w/o leather. I found the post about taking out the dash so i can get my way through that.. but i am curious about the wiring for the other wheel....

I have no had experience doing a swap of this magnitude in a grand am.. ive done it a few times in my Dodge daytonas and in most cases they all used the same wiring harness for the top end models and the low end.... so the unused stuff was all there... just burried under the carpets, in cubbie holes, and such...

anyone have any thoughts on this???? sorry for the newbie questions that you all have dealt with Im sure many times.. but its my first time tackling the Grand Ams in this manner....

thanks in advance.

Brian

PhantomLover007
11-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes. IIRC, you need to get the radio control module if the steering wheel didn't come w/ it.

bkwales
11-11-2008, 07:59 PM
well.. im getting the whole car it will have everything on it....... is this in the dash? in the column? and will it swap??