Sprayers for Windshield washer fluid [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sprayers for Windshield washer fluid

middleriggle
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm relatively new with GM products and this is my first winter in my grand am, but I'm having problems with my windshield sprayers (they're on the actual wiper arms) freezing. Does anyone else have this problem, if so, how do you deal with it?

DrFabulous
11-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Only reason it would freeze would be if you used some type of water in the washer fluid.... pr if you let snow build up on the wipers and then let it freeze over

I've never had a problem, just don't use anything other than washer fluid that is meant for winter

Blight
11-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah if I used them recently before parking it for a while they seem to freeze. Maybe the ice forms over the openings of the nozzles. My soulution was keeping a bottle of water in the ride and when I was at a stop I would roll down the window and dump some water on the windshield lol.

PhantomLover007
11-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Just make sure you nevar use hot water. A friend of mine thought that that would be a brilliant idea. lol lol lol

AznGA
11-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I have always used the windsheild fluid and I had one of the nozzles freeze on me.

Mike Jung
11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Winter DE-ICER windsheild fluid FTW in the deep freeze.

& if it freezes up after a snow/ice storm:
Use a hair dryer on the windsheild sprayer nozzles to clear any ice build up on the tips.

...My soulution was keeping a bottle of water in the ride and when I was at a stop I would roll down the window and dump some water on the windshield lol.
:wtf :nono:

It would be frozen in my GA during the winter time.

I have a spray bottle of winter de-icer windsheild fluid.
Useful in the mornings to spray on the windsheild before scraping the ice off.

& you can try spraying some on the windsheild spray noozle tips too.

GrandAmMe
12-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Theguy that had the car before me left summer fluid in there with more water than fluid. It froze throughout the entire line and left me standing out there for a hour!