think my bcm died [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : think my bcm died

mjtr21
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
okay i was walking to my car and i pushed the unlock button. the lights flashed and doors unlocked. i opened the door and i noticed a clicking noise. so i ignored it and tried starting the car and nothing happened. there is no chime and the cluster doesnt work. i also noticed that the interior lights dont come on either. and whenever i try to turn them on i can hear the BCM making a clicking noise. and if i leave the door open the bcm jsut keeps clicking away. so does this mean its done for? oh its a 99 grand am gt.

gagt Mechanic
11-20-2008, 12:00 AM
are you sure it is your bcm, its a computer, no moving parts, maybe a relay?

mjtr21
11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
yeah it was the bcm. i took it out and opened it up and found that one of the resistors on it fried. so i got another one and now the car wont start. i think the security thing is giving me problems because i started the car this morning it ran for one second and died. so this means its not getting gas cause of the brilliant security thing. so how would i get the security thing to let me start the car? Gm dealer?

mjtr21
11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
well i did the security relearn process. turned to key to attempt to start and let it sit for 10 mins. then repeated for 2 more times for a total of 3 cycles. then on the fourth try the car started. im so relieved now.