the rust check protectant called rust check [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : the rust check protectant called rust check

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-19-2008, 07:22 PM
i tried to beat the first snow to get the rust check solution applied. but between the last few hours and til it gets done thursday at 1pm. they may have or could lay down salt. SO is it any good to lay rust check over a salted chassis. . to me i think it would just help seal it the salt that may already be there.

cardude007617
11-19-2008, 07:31 PM
think about what you said, im pretty sure you can answer this one without our help

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
no sorry went over my head . will it seal in the salt or is it good enough to sort of over take / move aside the salt to do it protecting job.

Mike Jung
11-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I heard it is best to apply it after winter.

During the spring time.

Something about rust doesn't happen until it is warmer & wet.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-19-2008, 07:47 PM
you know i have always heard something similiar to that . more like that salt does not start to do it's damage til it is warm enough or wet enough to break down . if you wash you car it helps activate the salt .

i have thought at times over the years of getting it done spring or summer , but always figured that with alot of rain we get it would wash alot of it away..

even the rust check owner mentioned for $20 bucks more they could spray the heavier stuff under the car. after the normal pink light solution was applied. has he said it would stick better / longer againest snow and rain.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
my nieghbor thinks because the rust check is applied under such high pressure that it would blow the salt away as the rust soloution is applied.

gaowners32
11-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Wash the ****en car before the protection crap is put on and stop making stupid threads .

cardude007617
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you for speaking my mind.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Guys and Gals... I just talked to the onwer of the main Rustcheck center in my area and to my understanding that maybe there main type of business rustchecking , but will confirm that later today .

The onwer ( Stephen Slauenwhite ) listed three factors that create corrosion , ( air , moisture and heat ) and he said if they remove one of those factors then corrosion can not happen. Rustcheck does not remove salt ,it displaces water , one of those factors.

Mr. Slauenwhite mentioned , either himself or threw me possibliy since he is not a member ?? , he would love to update anyone whom may be interested or is possibliy un-informed as to what Rustcheck product is all about .

BUT he was VERY concerned that there seems to be some miss-understands / mis conceptions about Rustchecking. And it did not matter to him if you were in USA or other parts of Canada.

And too boot this center steam washes the car first so there is a cleaning surface to work with .

KhellendrosxS
11-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Why not get the car undercarriage coated like the do for pickup trucks? Its like rhino lining and would repel water, salt, mud, etc.

Just a thought.

cardude007617
11-20-2008, 08:24 AM
or you can be like 99% of the members on this board and apply a good coat of wax/sealant before winter comes and just let what happens happen. in the end, its only a grand am and im willing to bet there is some rust on just about all of our cars, some worse than others.
as they say: "Dont sweat the small stuff."

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
you know i heard a few years back about some type of rhino line type material for the under neath of cars. but don't think ??? there is anyone who does the underside but could be wrong.

i would hope it is better then those other blk undercoating products that have been around for years. that stuff dries and ctracks and crumbles off.