Rear bumper black trim problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumper black trim problem

GrandAmMe
11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I noticed that on the corners of my bumper the trim that goes all the way around the car (eg. on a white car its black) was sticking out at the edges. Its the coloured trim the goes from one end of the bumper to the other. Its not doing it on the front or doors only on the back bumper. Is this a simple fix or does the whole trim piece need to be replaced. It has alredy been fixed once before under warranty but i guess it started happening again;crap. Thanks in advance.

PhantomLover007
11-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Get some trim adhesive and glue it back down.

GrandAmMe
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
i can barely push it in. Its like the piece was too long. Its at both corners and there is no more room to spare to push it in. Its all rotted behind where its coming out. Would replacing it be a help?

PhantomLover007
11-22-2008, 05:10 PM
You can trim it up to see if it helps trying to put it back in fully.

GrandAmMe
11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks

PhantomLover007
11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
You can replace it if you really want to. IIRC, I've seen some of the trim on E-Bay.

stillriza
11-23-2008, 06:20 AM
pull it all out.. clean both sides.. and sand the bottom side a tiny bit, just to remove all the old residue and adhesive

next clean/wash the car and dry...atleast the indents where the trim is supposed to go.

finally, apply adhesive to the trim and indents..wait a few mins, then reapply (do one section at a time.)

it's important to wash and clean otherwise you won't get good contact and it will just peel off again eventually.

while ur at it..paint the trim same body colour..would be dope!

GrandAmMe
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
it already is painted black to match the body colour. Im thinking of taking one corner of it up, snipping a little off and them pulling it o they go back in. If i buy a new one does it come with the sticky stuff to apply?

PhantomLover007
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
It should.