lim...motor mount and..ses light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : lim...motor mount and..ses light

felon_gt1
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
so my rides been out for about a month now due to coolant leaking and mixing with my oil, im not sure but fab told me its my lim failing...also everytime i put the car into drive or reverse the whole car moves and makes a sound from the engine bay ive had a few peole tell me its my motor mount if it is can i get a better mount so it wont go out as easy as the stock one...?any help is good help thanks...oh ya and also my s.e.s light is on but im thinking maybe its due to the lim f-ing up...???

alerored04
12-11-2008, 12:52 AM
First off go get the light scanned. Any Advance auto will do this for free. The LIM should be replaced soon. My brother left his go on his GT against my advice, he shot a rod through the block about three months later. Lastly the stock motor mounts are fine, I have put 140,000 on mine with no problems. Odds are yours just broke weird, go to a junkyard and get the piece for cheap, it will last forever.

K WeRd
12-11-2008, 01:42 AM
i have 171xxx miles and havent switched my lim...engine sounds good still no problems.

cardude007617
12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
hmm could a worn motor mount cause a tranny to slip over sharp bumps?

Nick M
12-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I just had a very similar problem with the car banging in gear with the SES light on. When you have it scanned it may come up with a failure concerning the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor. This sensor measures the temp of the air coming into the throttle body. When it fails it sends a signal that it is very cold (approx. -30 degrees). The computer reacts by sending more power to the engine (more rpm) and the motor will jerk when put into drive. It will also jerk as it shifts through the gears. I thought I had a motor mount problem but it turned out to be the IAT, replaced it and no more problem. The SES scan should be very helpful in finding out your problem.

felon_gt1
12-26-2008, 01:13 PM
thanks guys ima get it checked and fixed today....