Turn Signal Schematics [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Schematics

Haughee
12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
My 2000 Grand AM has had a left turn signal that flashes fast. I have changed all the bulbs, changed the Hazard Switch Flasher, and have checked the fuses. I at a loss of what it could be other than wiring.

A point of interest, on my front left signal, the bulb closest to center has two lights in the bulb, comparing it to the right side bulb when the signal is activated, it looks as if it is blinking the dimmer/parking lamb light instead of the turn signal one, could wires cross and corrod the contacts. Any ideas? also, If I any has a diagram of them that would be great, cause i want to check the wires.

blackgt2k
12-17-2008, 01:03 PM
is it just that turn signal that is doing it or are all your lights doing something funky? the main ground that is tapped into the driverside of the fender near the air box sometimes comes loose and will cause it to do weird things. check that as well otherwise it sounds like a wiring problem.

Haughee
12-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Its only the drivers side turn signal. Specific to the Front inside bulb. Even with Hazards turned on the bulb is almost backwards, the wrong filiment is blinking. All the other lights blink fine.

no_pulse
02-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Same thing is happening on my g/f's 02 Grand Am. The driver side turn signal flashes fast. Both the turn signal in the front and rear tail lights

PhantomLover007
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Search for the thread on cleaning the turn signals.

Haughee
02-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Actually I figured it out. The Ground Cluster that holds all the grounds for the headlamps by the Airbox was corroded and all the grounds were not getting good connections. That was causing the weird problem.

no_pulse
02-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Search for the thread on cleaning the turn signals.

I searched for the thread, but didn't find it :(