question involving front suspension components.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : question involving front suspension components....

614GT95GA
12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
i have a question regarding my 95 GA GT. It doesnt do it everyday, but its doin it more and more frequently than it used toa. Here it goes.... i start it up, let it warm up and run for about 5min before i go anywhere. I put it in drive and give it a little gas and "POP". Thats the noise i hear coming from the front passenger sider of the car. It used to only pop like that when id get on it real hard from a dead stop. Now it does it no matter how hard or how soft i give it gas. It kinda annoys me because its such a loud "POP". I bought the car off my sister who was just letting it sit and go to waste in her garage. I had learned that she went on a trip to cleveland and the passenger side motor mount busted and the motor dropped down onto the strut or whatever. Got quite a bit replaced and everything was fine. Until now...I was told that my CV Joint is going out on me. Another dude told me to just tighten up the CV clamps and id be fine. I just want to know what it is exactly, how serious it is/can be, how can i fix it. The cars alignment isnt perfect, but it aint drop dead horrible neither. Also-during the summer time, i noticed that the passenger wheel sticks out more at the top than the driver side wheel. Could this have anything to do with it?? thanks to anyone who can help.

GrandAmMe
12-19-2008, 08:00 PM
struts possibly, or a bad CV joint.

EDIT: or a tie rod.

GrandAmMe
12-19-2008, 10:58 PM
you can also try jacking up the car and seeing if that wheel can wiggle.

gagt Mechanic
12-21-2008, 12:11 AM
who ever told you to tighten up the cv clamps is a retard, there arent any. you replace the half shaft, they cost about 90 and can be done in less than a hour. could be a strut or a lower controle arm vertical bushing. get it up in the air and check for play. if everything aprears tight, you looking at a bushing issue most likely, or strut mount.