A/C problems & Engine Cooling Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/C problems & Engine Cooling Problems

timberwoof
12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Okay I'm probably gonna answer my own question here but I want somebody elses opinion before I start tearing stuff apart.

A couple days ago, my car overheated and started spitting radiator fluid onto the ground. The problem happened while idleing, and the air conditioner off. When I filled the radiator back up, and started driving home, the temperature went back down. I called a buddy who is good with cars, and he said I may have a problem with the fan, and to check that it is turning on. Well both fans turn on, but the only time the engine gets hot is during idle, standing still. Any more ideas?

Second question in about the A/C. This one I have an idea what may be wrong but haven't the foggiest on how to fix it. The A/C is stuck between defrost and the regular foward setting, meaning air come out of ALL vents including the defrost vents at the same time. I'm thinking the duct which opens and closes may be stuck, or there may be some kind of vacuum leak not allowing the vent to open all the way in one direction or the other.

Give me some ideas on both please.... Thanks

Cody

timberwoof
12-20-2008, 10:19 AM
bump.... Nobody has any ideas on this? I need help on the a/c proble especially.