vibrating steering wheel and vehicle over 120 kph [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : vibrating steering wheel and vehicle over 120 kph

Weman
12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
I went and had a little fun last night in the snow. I went drifting around a few corners and one of them I felt myself hit a rough pach or clean patch of road where my front end jerked. And ever since this morning my car starts vibrating like mad as soon as I go over. Like 100 120 I think its commin from the right side. I don't know if it has to do with drifting or just normal wear. But it never did it before and its no little vibration. What do you guys think it could possibly be ?

K WeRd
12-21-2008, 01:36 AM
I went and had a little fun last night in the snow. I went drifting around a few corners and one of them I felt myself hit a rough pach or clean patch of road where my front end jerked. And ever since this morning my car starts vibrating like mad as soon as I go over. Like 100 120 I think its commin from the right side. I don't know if it has to do with drifting or just normal wear. But it never did it before and its no little vibration. What do you guys think it could possibly be ?

check your lugs to see if they loosened. my last car i hit a puddle at 20 and my wheel loosened. not the lugs but the hub loosened up.

tenspeed
12-21-2008, 07:37 AM
It's probably snow build up in the rim. If there is no snow, it could be a bent wheel.

I've traveled for miles sideways in the snow over the last forty years and never had a hub or lug nut loosen up.

Mike Jung
12-21-2008, 08:31 AM
It's probably snow build up in the rim...
Yeah, snow/slush/ice build-up on the wheel does wonders at throwing your wheel balance off.
Unitl they break loose/removed from the wheel.

PS: STOP drifting around corners before you end up taking out a light pole or someone else !!! :nope: