Security light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Security light

iApex
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I just put led's and neons in my car but i dont think that was the problem because last night i could take my keys out of the ignition. But today after installing a new shifter knob, the security light is on all the time... The know works fine and allows me to get into all gears fine. But the security light is on all the time and i can not take my keys out of the ignition nor turn the car all the way off.

Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

iApex
01-03-2009, 09:38 PM
The light is solid, but i can start the car. I just can't fully turn it off or take the key out of the ignition and the light doesnt go off when i start the car.

PhantomLover007
01-03-2009, 09:42 PM
If you can't take the key out of the ignition or even turn it off all the wa , then it's a transmission lock out issue since you changed out your shifter knob. See if you can move the knob up or down slightly to engage/disengage the lockout mechanism. I would recommend that you test out where you can turn the key to the off position and where you can shift the car.

Tonyyank
01-03-2009, 09:44 PM
try some searching for the correct answer. I think something with putting the key in turning to on but not starting and let sit for 20 mins or something......

iApex
01-04-2009, 12:25 AM
on GAOC they said that it is the the cable that attaches the shift lever to the ignition switch which makes since considering i pried it with a screw driver on accident while trying to put in the new shifter face

so im going to try that first an if that fails. then idk what ill do.

PhantomLover007
01-04-2009, 06:45 AM
IIRC, that was another step

iApex
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
problem fixed that was the problem