few problems,want answers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : few problems,want answers

zukiracer19
01-13-2009, 12:18 PM
1. Car pulses on steady low gear, sounds like when it finds a good low rpm for that mph the rpm pulsates, sometimes like 100-200 rpms anyone know why?? i cleaned my maf before... is it my TPS???

2. When I fill up with my 93 octane... FULL TANK my wide band will read very rich for awhile like 11-12 than it will go up to 13... than after awhile it will go back to 14s ... NOTICE: ONLY WHEN I FILL UP.

zukiracer19
01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
someone told me my torque converter is about ready to go... for answer to 1

zukiracer19
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
bump

AleroB888
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
1. Car pulses on steady low gear, sounds like when it finds a good low rpm for that mph the rpm pulsates, sometimes like 100-200 rpms anyone know why?? i cleaned my maf before... is it my TPS???

I had a similar problem a couple years ago, except in my case it happened at low rpm usually driving slightly uphill, kind of a surging up and down.
I was trying different MAF calibrations at the time with a ported stock MAF, and had the stock TB in there. I remember that the issue disappeared after I went to a 2.5 in. TB and found the right MAF calibration, but I don't know what exactly fixed it...

If the problem is just a minor irritation at this point, and your car runs great otherwise, I would say just hang in there till you find the problem. Remember you have a completely different animal to deal with now, a lot of variables. Fine tuning the beast will take time.

AaronGTR
01-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I noticed my wideband will show very rich like that sometimes then gradually coming up to 14's, but only on cold startups. It evens out when the stock O2 sensor warms up and the coolant temp starts rising. Never noticed any difference from the fuel tank level, and I have no clue how that could have any affect on AFR's unless the fuel pump is going bad or something?

zukiracer19
01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
i was talking to a guy that has a 11 second regal. he said that our cars 3800s/ 3400s and whatnot have evaporation problems... he says his car does the same thing???