Brand of W. Motor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brand of W. Motor

Tank33
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
has anyone ever tried one of AC Delco's window motors and regulators for our cars??

Since I am from Canada, I cannot order what I need from GMPartsDirect.

I called my local GM dealer today to find out what it would cost, I almost fell out of my chair when he told me:

Regulator: $326.75
Motor: $232.25

Phoned up a good friend who works at a local OK Tire here, and he said no other motors are AS GOOD as the GM ones, and that I should stay away from any others.

I can get a AC Delco regulator, WITH the motor, for $182 here...quite the difference! AC Delco has always been known to be good, haven't they??

nickofcourse
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
go with the cheaper one it should have a warranty? just go for it....

PhantomLover007
01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Damn that's expensive...

Tank33
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Damn that's expensive...

I hear ya. The guy told me how much and I said, your joking, he says no, that's actually giving you a bit of a discount to. I laughed really hard and said check the batteries in your calculator, I am not paying you $550 for some pieces of metal and plastic, that make my window go up and down.

I think I will just pick up new regulators and motors for both doors from AC Delco and be done with it. I am fussy and always want everything in top notch condition, so this way at least, I hopefully won't have to worry about my windows this summer, and can have some trouble free cruising.

PhantomLover007
01-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Junk yard....

AaronGTR
01-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Uh, I'm pretty sure the ones in the car ARE AC Delco... they supply many oem parts to GM. They should be fine.