coils [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : coils

350rs
01-15-2009, 11:15 PM
i didnt know if this should go in the performance or not... so dont hate if it shoulda

im gonna replace the coils wires and plugs this spring. ive priced it and i can get MSD coils cheaper than i can borg warner coils. have any of you used these coils? ill test the module as well, if it comes up fine im leaving that thing alone for as much as it costs..

PS.. i work at oreilly's which may or may not be why the MSD coils are cheaper for me over the borg warner coils. i dont remember walk in price on them

cardude007617
01-15-2009, 11:31 PM
IIRC people have had problem's with MSD's going out on them prematurely which seems odd coming from a strong company as MSD.

PhantomLover007
01-15-2009, 11:52 PM
IIRC, there are some that have used the MSD's.

Each car acts differently to them like the wires.

350rs
01-16-2009, 12:54 AM
so just stick with the borg? id even like to get delco coils. is that possible?

Malaclypse
01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
As long as the posts on the factory coils aren't corroded all to crap they'll be fine to keep using.

Go with the AC Delco coils if you insist on replacing them.

stewartfn18
01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
As long as the posts on the factory coils aren't corroded all to crap they'll be fine to keep using.

Go with the AC Delco coils if you insist on replacing them.

x2. stock ignition system is sufficient for your app. there are even people that are boosted using the stock setup.

AaronGTR
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I have MSD coils and have never had a problem with them... but yeah, like everyone else said you don't really need them. The stock ignition system is very good and you won't see any power increase from switching coil packs. The only reason I did was because I have the MSD DIS-4 ignition as well and I wanted everything to match.

GrandAmC9
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
ya i have them too and never had any problems with them but like previously stated you dont need them unless your upgrading the whole thing

350rs
01-17-2009, 04:01 PM
oh yea i know i have NO need for them. but if they compare in quality to the delcos and are a good bit cheaper then why wouldnt i? i cant get delco coils at my work for my car for some reason so ill be paying full price. only one is corroded. the others are OK, but not great. Im having some ignition problems. im gona try just doing the plugs and wires first, then its the coils and maybe module. it MAY even be the crank postion. do these things have a cam position sensor as well? could be those too from the way its acting.