No Heat (Replaced resistor, blower, checked fuses) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No Heat (Replaced resistor, blower, checked fuses)

Bryan
01-22-2009, 01:39 PM
When I first got the car only 3-5 worked..never got around to replacing the resistor, but just recently it stopped working completely. First thing I did was replace the resistor..nothing. I then checked to see if I was getting power at the blower motor plug, which I was so I assumed the blower was bad. Just replaced that and I still have nothing. Yes, I checked fuses. I'm so fockin frustrated, someone help me out please.

lone_wolf025
01-22-2009, 02:36 PM
You checked for power, did you check the circuit to make sure its complete? If you've got power at the motor and the motor is good that leaves the ground. Make sure your switch is good too.

Metallman56
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
there is a blower motor relay. this went bad on mine, and i think only setting 5 worked. might be worth a try.

Bryan
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Problem solved, it was a bad ground. Thanks for the responses guys..I'm pretty happy I can get my $60 back for the motor.

Bryan
01-23-2009, 12:44 AM
For future searchers, if you grab a test light to check that you're getting power to the blower..put it on the underside of the blower itself. If it lights up (like mine did) that's a good indication that you've got a ground issue.