Can't describe it [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Can't describe it

iApex
01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Well today i got my HID's installed and i did not disable the DRL's yet. The first 3 hours was fine and i had no problems at all with anything.

Like 4 hours after i had them installed and had been driving around all day with the headlights on. I left Burger King and punched the gas and then i start hearing this clicking noise coming from the hazard's light switch. The best way i can describe it is. It makes the same sound the hazards make when you switch them on, but 2x as fast with the clicking. And it does NOT make my lights flash while it is doing it. The only thing is the clicking it doesnt effect anything else.

I don't think it has to do with the HID's because no matter what i do, (parking lights, high beams, auto, full on. It still does the same thing. It goes fast sometimes and slow some other times, its really weird.

I changed out the green box on the back of the hazard button and it still does the same thing, it was fine at first but as soon as i got onto the road and opened her up, it started doing it again.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Jake
01-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Sounds like the turn signal clicking problem

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50126 ???

ryanbgb22
01-24-2009, 09:56 PM
HIDS with no disabled drl is a bad idea. You're constantly feeding the ballasts low voltage...which they dont like.

iApex
01-24-2009, 11:29 PM
HIDS with no disabled drl is a bad idea. You're constantly feeding the ballasts low voltage...which they dont like.

Yeah i know that. I'm either driving with the lights switched on or with the parking lights on (in the day time) just until my mechanic gets a hold of a tech II. Or that doesnt work and we just use the other way.

When the DRL's are supposed to come on. The lights don't even come on at all. they don't blink either.