my car got broken into.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : my car got broken into....

Pass
01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Some windbag compremised the security of my 2000 grand am gt (2 door) yesterday by first trying to shimmy the door open (massive failure) then successively yet massively retarded way of breaking the window (which seems to work quite easily for these aholes).

Anyways... the window is ready to be replace as me and my brother (who is pretty good with this kind of stuff) are gonna replace it tonight. Ordered the window for 120 canadian plus taxes.

So my question... when they were trying to shimmy the door open they wrecked the black panel inbetween the 2 windows (actually both of them), one is really bent and the other has the deepest scratch ever. What is this part called? also would parts from a 4 door grandam work for it? I also need the trim that runs under the window because the theif destroyed that as well....

zukiracer19
01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
what'd you have laying out that looked so valuable?

zukiracer19
01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
i put my ipod in a cigar box so they dont see it when i go into the slums and have to park for awhile

Pass
01-27-2009, 08:51 AM
well... I thought for sure that the empty laptop bag in the back seat was what the ahole was going for... but another person got broken into with nothing showing.... i have really dark tint so u have to get right up there too even maybe see inside a little bit...

they got my wallet but luckily i had my credit cards on me with my id (pull out slip), someone found my wallet with most of the stuff like my SIN and health card still in it (this occured in canada)

RPO3
01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Eww man you got lucky. I find myself randomly waking up at night
look out my window to make sure my car is ok. I also have bad dreams
about it getting broken into and wake up doing the same thing.

I know im not the only one...

Grandamgtblk99
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Eww man you got lucky. I find myself randomly waking up at night
look out my window to make sure my car is ok. I also have bad dreams
about it getting broken into and wake up doing the same thing.

I know im not the only one...

You definitely aren't. I actually had one last night that my rims were stolen. But some reason they were nice enough to put on chrome stockers lol. Frickin weird. But I have them all the time. And I have 2 way alarm paging and I sleep like 6 inches from my keys.

FromTheInside
01-30-2009, 10:48 PM
The parts you are referring to are the B-pillars.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/ffiimo/MY%20MSRT8/CARBONFIBERMSRT029.jpg

They are carbon fiber in this picture. (A random picture from google..not a grand am but a reference.)

AaronGTR
01-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Those are the B-pillar covers. They can be removed and replaced. I think you can find them on gmpartsdirect.com. Don't know the price off the top of my head. I'm not sure, but I don't think the ones for the 4 door are the same since the doors are different. You might as well just order new ones for a 2 door anyway.

vita
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
sorry to hear man... the more and more cases of these I hear about make me want to drop some security on my car. Ive thought about it a time or two before, but never know what brand to put on it.

gagt Mechanic
02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I had a friend rig up some screamer from a fire alarm to his car, you could hear it 1/4 mile away no prob.
but as far as the topic, I doubt 4 door will work, and you may be able to find a cheaper alternative on ebay. they have aftermarket covers for those.