how to grease front struts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : how to grease front struts

ga2001gt532
02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
my struts creak and stuff and i was wondering how can you grease the strut or the bearing plate.

AaronGTR
02-07-2009, 07:07 PM
You don't grease anything on the struts themselves, and they shouldn't make any creaking noises. Usually it is your upper strut mount or ball joints that creak. The only way to grease the pivot point between the upper strut mount and the upper spring perch is to take the struts off the car and dis-assemble them.

darkshines
02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
You don't grease anything on the struts themselves, and they shouldn't make any creaking noises. Usually it is your upper strut mount or ball joints that creak. The only way to grease the pivot point between the upper strut mount and the upper spring perch is to take the struts off the car and dis-assemble them.

Does temperature affect their sound? I ask this because in the mornings when its below zero,, right after I start my car, whenever I go over this particular bump I hear my rear end creak at the same times the suspension compresses.

WidbyJ
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
More likely that the sway-bar mounts are freezing up. Injecting some grease could help but may be very difficult with factory parts. May I suggest replacements from Energy Suspension, their best have grease fittings built in...